What can be better than the realization that you make someone’s life more happy? It is even better when there are many such people and with every day their number is increasing. No, it’s not about some universal virtue – today we will talk about such a helpful and attractive thing as mobile dating applications.
What does a dating application provide? First, it is a great opportunity for all lonely people to meet their half and give rise to serious relationships and even a happy family. What is more, people can use dating apps in order to find good friends or have a lovely time with interesting fellows. It can be really called as a technical cupid of our time!
In this article we will try to meet you with the process how to create a dating app, tell you how to build an app like Tinder or its necessity at all, and other attractive things in accordance with the topic.
Market giants in dating application industry: is it vain to resist?
When it is a case of dating apps, the first and, perhaps, the only variant comes to mind is Tinder. Literally every person in the world, even just out of curiosity, has tried to install this app and make a left-right scrolling of users’ photos with interest. Of course, this application is not a monopolist.
According to the up-to-date data from popular web source Mashable, the most actual mobile applications for dating are eHarmony, Match, Bumble and others. Maybe they do not have a worldwide fame but anyway – they have their own market and public and they are considered to be a helpful mobile tool for boyfriend or girlfriend searching.
In this connection we have got a reasonable question: is it really worth developing a certain Tinder-wannabe app to get success or just working on any unique and specific dating application in the hope it will make a hit? Perhaps, it is more than just a question – it is a real dilemma, and we are ready to explain you what to do and how to achieve success with any choice.
Features and functions of dating apps
Before the direct developing process, try to simply visualize everything that an ideal application for dating should have. Imagine, what the potential user sees first, how to make it interesting and make the user learn the application more. Remember the key and must-have points of an ordinary dating app:
- Easy managing of user’s profile. After the quick registration it should be a very convenient profile access with its standard functions: user will be able to write a couple lines about himself, upload his photo and determine his searching criteria (gender, age and location). And… that’s enough for beginning, because at the present stage people start using the app actively and now they can see who is there.
- Traditional matching part. There it is critical to emphasize the human’s mechanism of decisions: an ordinary person needs about two or three fractions of a second to realize whether he likes or not a certain man. So that’s why the ‘swipe’ pattern of matching function in dating apps is very high-demand: users see the photos of each other and swipe it to the left, if a person is not in their taste, and to the right if they are interested in him. We recommend you to set this typical scrolling system to your future application without philosophizing – believe us, it will work.
- Real-time events notifications are strongly required. Of course, nowadays there are practically no applications where it is necessary to wait for an answer for hours or even days. Nevertheless, we would like to remind you – make sure that the user is immediately notified of mutual sympathy in the form of a push notification or an email letter. This practice will not be intrusive – it is a good style for each dating application.
Generally, you should definitely try some different dating apps, even not for your couple searching, but for a so-called testing purpose. Complete all possible stages of such app use and try to note some features that you would have adopted and added to your own product. Also think about what is missing from this or that application – mark all the moments that you caught and make your own certain data analysis.
Niche dating apps – is it a challenge?
In case if you are tired of those samey dating application and you really want to express yourself and create something absolutely unique and adjusted to a specific, very narrow public, then be sure to follow our advice:
- Development of a niche dating applications is not a very simple process, but everything is quite logical and understandable. The main thing is take care of advertising your product and make it a buzzword. Your works on its idea and creation should be noticed and warmly received by the audience you need. Otherwise you can literally go bankrupt.
- Give uniqueness to your idea, but do not forget about the usual interface. Certainly, in this case it will be effective to use any usual and common dating app design for your project. At the same time, this practice is not an insurance against a lack of interest. With such adaptive design you step forward to meet the future audience of your application and make its use familiar and comfortable.
- Monetizing of your app won’t go amiss. Basically, the introduction of some paid services will not prevent any application. This is a good practice, that allows you not just earn some money for the further development of your application, but also it can be a great possibility for users to have some premium accesses and become more popular among the app public.
Dating app MVP: how long & how much?
A minimally-functioning dating application will be an excellent variant for any start-up. You will not only have a properly working application of your dreams, but also carefully analyze its relevance in the current market in order to make some changes and improvements in the future.
The terms and costs of dating app development can vary, but we can give you our relevant statistics with approximate figures:
- Stage 1 – design development. It usually takes from 100 to 200 working hours
- Stage 2 – platform development (implementation on Android or iOS) is about 400 hours.
- Stage 3 – API settings is about 500 hours.
The cost of such expertise time is from 20 to 30 thousand dollars (according to the actual price for professional outsource development). Anyway, you can manage with it and choose your own way of the appropriate development.
Entertainment development industry will be going strong for many years to come. All that can not only amuse but also make life more interesting will be in demand and desired. We hope our article will be useful and beneficial for you and help you to determine your future actions and steps in order to start the development of dating applications.