Even some five years ago the active promotion of outsourcing it services in labor market caused a real excitement, stir or even hype. And now, when everyone has already felt all the benefits of this way of cooperation, this practice is taken to the assembly line.
Virtually every third company chooses outsourced it services, and this number is growing with every year. What is the secret of such a great success? In this article we will tell you about how and why it happened so quickly.
How to become a favorite in it outsourcing?
To begin with, one of the main of the bright sides of it outsourcing is tangible cost savings. Certainly, any benefit in any business makes sense, but there is a real reduction in such sizable expenses as:
- Working staff. It means that the company saves its money on the fixed salary for each IT employee and the related costs (vacation bonuses and sick leave pays), but also the costs of the office renting. Literally, the less people, the less and cheaper office the company needs.
- Office and software equipment. It is known that in order to provide each IT worker with a powerful computer and other necessary office equipment, it is required to pay a considerable sum. Signing a contract with an it outsourcing company gives the possibility not to buy odd equipment, and all necessary equipment and software can be purchased under certain favorable conditions in accordance with best practice from competent IT specialists.
- Taxes. Yes, it may be too trite and obvious, but still saving on taxes means a lot and looks very reasonable for every kind of business, whether it is a small company or a big enterprise.
Moreover, the payment for the work of IT outsource companies is easy and simple. All is happened only after the completion of all necessary services and after signing the acceptance certificates. This interaction is incredibly convenient and makes both parties equally interested in a successful end result.
But the success rate of IT outsourcing is not only in the profit. There are other advantages, that are less noticeable in the beginning but very convenient in future working processes.
It is appropriate to avail of IT outsource, because the company is guaranteed to receive:
- High quality of work. Usually outsourcing companies consist of professionals with a very wide and diversified experience. They are taught to solve problems of any complexity. And even there is an expert that has some difficulties with some tasks, he will always transfer the solution of the problem to a more knowledgeable colleague. And who will be able to help the only specialist in the office to fix a serious technical problem? A big mystery.
- High speed of work. This advantage follows from the above. It concerns not only the daily routine tasks for servicing the entire system, but also in the case of abnormal and problem situations. What an ordinary IT employee can do all day, it can be a matter of a few minutes for every typical IT outsource group. Outsourcing it specialists can solve the problems very quickly thanks to their great experience.
- Opportunity to choose. This point can be stated simply: if you do not like cooperation with one it outsourcing company, you can always make a choice of any other and in a very short time. Unlike the dismissal of an incompetent staff IT member and the process of searching for a new employee, the transition from one IT outsourcing company to another is much less long and painful for the whole workflow.
Traps and pitfalls in it outsourcing…or not?
With its all advantages and great usability, IT outsourcing has some opponents. There is impressive statistics from the popular American web portal Whitelane, that about 90% of companies that chose cooperation with outsourcing teams were absolutely satisfied with this experience. But despite this, there are still 10% of unfortunate collaborations.
What can go wrong in a work with any IT outsourcing company?
It should be emphasized once again that at present negative phenomena in work with IT outsourcing companies are observed more and more rarely.
However, we point out some of the most unpleasant and critical features that may occur.
- The loss of control over the information structure of the company and the lack of security of confidential data and documentation, that can cause further problems in the company’s work.
Such situation could take place some time ago, but nowadays, thanks to dynamic technical progress, it is absolutely possible to avoid any data leakage. When starting a work with IT outsourcing companies, it is just needed to negotiate the terms of cooperation and the amount of delegated duties associated with the company’s information databases. By consolidating the agreement with the contract signing, it is the best way not to meet this problem.
- Work not on ‘pick up’ mode. The remote collaboration makes it impossible to have someone at hand for solving quick and simple tasks.
Indeed, some managers really prefer to have a ‘live’ employee and directly observe his work in the office. Besides, many people do not feel comfort to discuss different questions or issues communicating by phone or via email letters. Nevertheless, even a remote connection can be very fast and efficient – it all depends on the qualifications of the selected outsourcing company. So it’s not really a minus either – it’s rather a matter of taste.
To sum up, it is important to know that using the services of it outsourcing companies just for the sake of profit is not a very good approach to running the company. This is a serious and multilevel process of interaction, which must be matched for every individual case.
IT sphere is growing very rapidly, providing all the great and high-tech opportunities for business development. One can be sure that the working processes of IT outsourcing will be transformed into something more convenient and modernized every year.